Tuesday 22 December 2009

Etsy envy

This week I am coveting the gorgeous sewing from SewnNatural. It is a mother-daughter team that have created a beautiful, simple collection with a touch of whimsy. I remember my own mother teaching me how to sew, so I feel a bit of nostalgia remembering all the times my mum and I worked on projects together. With keen attention to small details (look at the elephant on that baby blanket! He's sooooo cute!) and the use of natural, organic and repurposed vintage fabrics, I could buy one of everything for the sprout. Sadly, my credit card begs to differ. Still, a girl can dream...

I think the sprout would look great carrying around the child-sized lion messenger bag. Six months isn't too young to start pulling your own weight, is it? Well, maybe I'll wait till he's bigger than the bag. And the nap mats! Now that is a brilliant idea. This one with the owls really appeals to me. Owls are nocturnal and only come out when all good boys should be asleep :)

Although I can't buy everything, I think the sprout will also adore his new elephant blanket. The vintage blue stripes and super soft organic flannel are sure to win over my little boy who loves all things soft and warm.

And, an even bigger plus, SewnNatural is local! A homemade business based in Ottawa. It's just one more thing to love. And if that wasn't enough, you can enjoy 10% off your next purchase when you enter wordofmom10 at checkout! I am off to get poor on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment