Friday 29 January 2010

co-sleeping wannabee

We co-sleep from time to time. Usually when I am just so tired that I fall asleep nursing in the middle of the night and wake up an hour later with a baby in the bed. Or we are on vacation and have a king sized bed.

I remember when there was a time I said I would never co-sleep.

Yeah, that lasted, oh, about 28 hours. And that was only because the sprout was in NICU for the first 24h.

How we eat our words.

Still, nightly co-sleeping never became much of a habit mainly due to the size of our double bed. And the uncanny ability that tiny babies seem to have for taking up as much space as possible (think starfish).

Until recently, that is, when the sprout decided that sleep was for sissies (of which he definitely is not). He's ended up in bed a lot lately. Secretly, I love it.
But then last night he up and sleeps through the entire night in his own bed. What the? What about me? What about my cuddle time? And I thought I'd be happy that he slept through the night.

I don't. I feel put out.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the SAME WAY! I love our middle of the night cuddles.

    ReplyDelete